Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My confessions

I have a confession to make. At night, after the kids have gone to bed and I have ditched my hubby for my computer or TV or whatever, I get out my big bag of tortilla chips and cheddar cheese and go to town. I LOVE cheese. I know that eating food late at night, especially fatty ones like chips and cheese, is a major contributor to my rear end, but I just don't care. It's soooo good.

Another confession. I have been reading (well, listening really) to a book called the Hunger Games. I think it's compared to the short story, The Lottery. I don't know I really like this series. It's a really wierd story with lots of heartwrenching, depressing writing. I like reading books that take me on a vacation and not into hours with terrible images and thoughts rattling around my brain like unwanted visitors. I guess my real confession is that even though there are TONS of people that love it, I don't. I am strangely curious about what happens next so I listen and then I am horrified and I have to stop and then I get more curious so I listen more and then I am even more horrified and the cycle goes on. Right now I am not listening. I would like to have nice dreams tonight. I probably won't though. So, Chelsey, others, do I keep reading? Actually, I have finished the first book and am listening to the 2nd. I want to stop but I feel like I have invested so much time and brain power into this book that I need to see what happens in the 3rd. ARGH! Whatever happened to the era of 1 book only????

I just talked to my sister who is preggy and pretty sad that she hasn't had the baby yet. I would be too. I have been. I hope she has that baby tonight! So now my computer battery is on low and I am tired. Happy whatevering!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Just a heads up--the Hunger Games series doesn't get any better. There is never that uplifting moment, not even at the end of the third one, that makes it all O.K.

It sort of has a happy ending (happy being relative to the rest of what happens in the books), but it definitely left me with a lingering feeling of powerlessness and sadness.

Kari said...

I agree with Brandi. It is not a 'feel-good' book. I thought Hunger Games was the best of the series and it just seemed to get darker from there. I have mixed feelings about how violent and dark the books are and that they're written for teens. I'm curious to see how violent the movie turns out to be.

Brie Stockwell said...

Well you two, I think after I have done alot of thinking I will read Mockingjay. Originally, I said I wouldn't and that I would live in an alternate universe where I could make up whatever ending I want. I want to know what Ms. Collins thinks the ending is, whatever the cost(except if it involves me eating chips and soda on the couch all day while my kids snarf on cereal).