Monday, February 25, 2008

Off the couch and cookin'!

This post is for you Marianne! -

I like cooking. In fact, I would love to cook a ton and then have a magic fairy that comes behind me and cleans up the HUGE mess I have just made. And then, like a commercial, everything is not just clean but actually sparkling. Alas, it isn't so. So, I will continue to stack my dishes and hope my hubby comes to help before I go crazy.

When my husband I and I first met, Taylor did most of the cooking. He loved to try new things and I didn't. Well, like all good things should, he rubbed off on me. I love trying new recipes now! One of those recipes that is now one of our staples is this one:

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1185388

I made this tonight and....victory! I have defeated my friend Marianne in something! My friend Marianne is a great cook and baker. Everything she lays her hand on in the kitchen turns to edible gold. Tonight, her daughter said that my roast chicken was better than her moms. So, Marianne, you may be in Hawaii, but I get have your lovely daughter's company AND her compliments. Now, if I could just get your recipe for cinnamon rolls...............

1 comment:

Marianne said...

That's it!!! She's yours. I'm not coming to get her.

Just kidding. I think you are a fabulous cook. You find great recipes. I love eating at your house. I always know we will eat well.