Friday, December 3, 2010

FOOD!

I was going to write an all inclusive post that covers what I have been doing the past whatever weeks I haven't written. It really isn't that interesting. Really. Wouldn't you rather I talk about food? That's WAYYYY more interesting to me that what I did with my kids during school or how my Halloween went. Actually, since I brought those up they both have to do with food. We went to Hershey park for Halloween. I discovered that I LOVE kettle corn. It's so yummy and crunchy and salty and sweet and, if you're lucky, WARM! Mmmmmmmmmm! I tried to make it the other day and it turned out alright but not like theirs or the one I had with Katie in Intercourse, PA (heehee). On Wednesday the kids and I went to an Ethiopian restaurant in Richmond for social studies. It was good and fun. We ate beef, chicken, lentils, cabbage and potatoes with our hands. The lentils were the best AND they were spicy. Love it!!!

Last night I watched an episode of Psych. It was sort of weird but there was this pie. Cinnamon pie. Have you heard of it? I haven't. I found a website with a handwritten recipe for it. I'm going to try it very soon.

Katie and I have been making a list of foods we both like. It's just a mental one but I think it should be written down. Here are one's I love:

Sushi - Unagi(eel), spider roll, all kinds just not wierd ones like sea urchin
Funnel cake
Raisin pudding
Eggs benedict
Good chocolate
Stuffed rolls - maybe I will post the recipe and you can tell me if you think its good
ICE CREAM!!!
Taylor's cookies - any kind

I will have to add to this later. Katie I think you will think stuffed rolls are asgusting!!!

Stuffed rolls

1/2 lb velveeta, cut into small cubes
2 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and chopped
1/2 can chopped olives
1/2 small can tomato sauce
1/4 C oil
hard rolls

Combine ingredients. Cut rolls in half and hollow out. Fill with mixture. Wrap in aluminum foil and heat in oven about 15 minutes.

Sounds disgusting but it's good. I am trying out some new recipes this next week. They all sound yummy. I'll try to post how they go. I'll also try to post a pic of what I am doing this weekend. You'll laugh.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little jealous of Katie.