Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving






I am taking a break in my studying (EW!) to blurb a little about Thanksgiving. We had a great time with my mom, her new hubby, Joel, and Aunt Liz. It was relaxing and the food was great! The kids made a 3D Taj Mahal (my sneaky way of having "school" on a holiday!). Brenden ended up finishing the whole thing. He wants to make the Roman Coliseum next. Taylor played football in the fog. We ate yummy food like baked onions, pan roasted cauliflower and a yummy salad with pears, walnuts and blackberries. After dinner we went to see "A Christmas Carol" in 3D. It was really great! We just finished reading Dickens and were able to notice that they used the same dialog from the book. I am so glad they didn't change it. There was only one small part in which the Disney people thought they could take artistic license. I was surprised that my kids wanted popcorn after Thanksgiving dinner but that's all my fault. I have trained them at the free summer movies to want popcorn since we buy it whenever we go. Such a cheap outing. Joel and my mom gave all the boys tool boxes with locks. Now I don't have to hear about how the lego creation they just made was ruined by a sibling. They can just stick them in the box and lock it! How can I keep them from changing the combos? It was fun to meet Joel. Dylan keeps calling him Grandpa Joel and snuggling him. I think Joel liked it;) Who wouldn't? When Dylan isn't acting like a baby or a dog or a little brother then he is simply delightful! Well, you should all be tired of reading such a long post from me. It's my way of getting out of studying. Well..you know what I have to do now.....I am kicking and screaming inside my head but with a smile on my face and a Dr. Pepper in hand......

No comments: